Monday, December 27, 2010

Chinese Chicken Salad

This recipe is from my best friend and sister Angela.  I know there are a lot of chinese chicken salad recipe's out there but this one is my favorite.

Chinese Chicken Salad
from Angela Stotler

salad
1 head cabbage chopped
4 green onions sliced
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and cut up or shredded
1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
2 packages chicken ramen noodles broken up and ran under hot water until softened then drained (I don't like the noodles over cooked or to hard that's why I just run them under hot water until they are the consistency I like)

dressing
2 packets chicken ramen seasoning
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup cider vinegar
4 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt (I usually start out with a bit less salt then add more if it needs it)

Mix ingredients together well and pour over salad

No comments: